Re: [hylafax-users] Handshake-Problem

At 20:41 23.11.00 -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
>At 08:44 PM 11/23/00 +0100, Matthias Jaenichen wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a problem with some incoming faxes. The Modem does not seem to
> >accept the commands sent from HFax.
> >HFaxVersion: 4.0p12
>
>Wait.  Go no further before you upgrade.  It's going to be hard for any of
>us on this list to help significantly until you do.  My recommendation
>would be either to use 4.1beta2 or to grab CVS:
>http://www.hylafax.org/cvs.php
>
> >Modem: 3Com Sportster 28.8 Fax 20.16 MHz Eprom 256KB Ram Sup. Date 04/06/95
> >DSP date 03/31/95 Rev 049-6.0 DSP rev 11.3

Just to let you know:

we still have not been able to update the systems, but nevertheless the
problem seem s to be found.

The timeout for the handshaking was set to 360 sec. During that the
handshaking failed. The modem received an other call and resoded [RING].
But that was not the expected response.

We now reduced the timeout to 100, aand it seems to work better now.

Is there a way to force Faxfgetty to reset if some response is [RING] or
[Connected] or some other string if it happens in some phase after ATA?

to be more exact: any unexpeted response from the modem should result in a
defined abort and Error-Massage. It must not happen, that Faxgetty starts
to loop.

Can I replace the faxgetty on my system easily without needing to update
the kernel?

Reg.

Matthias Jänichen