[hylafax-users] Restricting Usage Time

I'm in the process of setting up a ZyXEL modem for fax/data/voice on a
line that is primarily used for voice and data.  Is there an easy way
to set up faxgetty so that it:

1.  Changes the number of rings before answering during different
    hours of the day? [I can do this with a simple script run from
    cron, but I was hoping for something more elegant].

2.  Changes whether incoming faxes will be accepted at all during
    certain hours?

In addition, I've got to choose various getty programs to use with
faxgetty.  My choices are vgetty (from mgetty+sendfax) for voice
[although, I'm concerned about the answer to 'Q360: The truth about
egetty/vgetty' in the FAQ], and mgetty or agetty for data.  Any
suggestions?

David