Re: [hylafax-users] Tiff2jpeg/Tiff2gif/Tiff2png

At 09:55 AM 11/30/00 +0530, Ashok Iyer wrote:
>Dear Users,
>
>Pls help me as i am finding difficulty in converting the Tiff to
>Jpeg/Gif/PNG which i will be able to open in normal browser as i am
>using Thin Clients to view the incoming FAXES.
>I am using the Hylafax-4.1beta-7rhs and libtiff-v3.5.5 .
>All the other configurations work perfectly and the Hylafax server is
>running normal.

See
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2000-08/msg00151.php
and its follow-ups.

JPEG/GIF/PNG really aren't good black-on-white file formats.  TIFF, PS, and
PDF are much better choices for viewing.

See:
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/delivery.php

All of the above discuss fax-to-email delivery.  If you want the recvq/*
files to be converted themselves, then you will need to do some custom
modification of the faxrcvd script, probably utilizing the methods used in
the scripts linked above.

>Pls help me as i cannot view the inocming faxes using any of the
>applications and have to open using only Netscape browser.

I find it hard to believe that the clients cannot utilize Acrobat Reader
since they're using Netscape, at least, to view the images in a more
sensible way.