Re: [hylafax-users] fax with logo

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:03:27 +0100, you wrote:

>the same happens when I use faxcover
>sendfax -d 123123 message.txt
>this creates and fax first page with fax cover and another pages with
>message text
>but that's not exactly what I want
>I need to have on first page logo with message text and on another pages

I've been searching for a way to overlay an image/logo over a fax for a
long time, and I've found out that the easiest way to overlay an
image/logo if you have plain text as input is to use enscript.

My input files are very simple formatted epson/pcl pages (the same that
usually go to a printer); I pre-process those pages with a script that:
- substitutes pcl/epson control codes (we use just a few to set the
cars/row ratio) with enscript macros.
- adds the epsf[] enscript macro to insert or overlay an image on every
page (you need the logo in eps format)
- feeds the resulting ps file to HylaFAX.
It seems to work well so far.

You could do something similar:
- get text from the web page
- add epsf[] macros where you want your logo.
- pass the enscript's output to HylaFAX.

--
giulioo@pobox.com