[hylafax-users] Voice Modems/Software.

I'm about to try and set up a voice/fax/data modem on an
i686-linux-gnu box and need some advice.  I will have hylafax (current
CVS) and faxgetty installed/running on the system.  Most of the time,
the line is used for voice and data, with incoming and outgoing faxes
much less often.  I also must have some sort of voice-mail capability.

I've not purchased a modem for this box yet, but I've been looking at
the ZyXEL omni 56K series, which seems to be an update of the Omni
288S, recommended in the hylafax documentation.

Can anyone give me some hints as to 1) is this modem likely to work?
2) what other software do I need (e.g., mgetty); and 3) How do I marry
mgetty to hylafax/faxgetty?

Pointers to relevant documentation would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

David