Re: [hylafax-users] viewing and logging

At 12:42 PM 11/22/00 +0100, Pierluigi de Palo wrote:
>I have setup a hylafax server on machine "server" .
>I have tried to send faxes and that worked fine.
>I have not seen any "fax succesfully sent" message on entry in a log.
>
>Since i need to have a log reporting all fax movements what could i do?

Edit notify.awk (for received faxes) and faxrcvd (for sent faxes) to your
heart's content to acheive the logging that you want.  But... on most
systems (Linux), there is a file like /var/log/messages that records this
type of stuff.  It may be more than what you want, though.

see 'man notify' and 'man faxrcvd'

>I have some problem using WHFC and viewing received faxes on a client
>test machine.
>The application for viewing opens up but no file is viewable!
>Tried to cheange permission of the RecFileMode in the etc/config.ttyS0
>(my modem) but unsuccesfully
>What's the problem?

You coudn't change RecFileMode, or after you changed it, the faxes still
were received with a different permission?  RecFileMode will only affect
the faxes that are received after you make the change.  For previous ones,
try using chmod.

But, you also need to edit etc/hosts.hfaxd to allow permission from your
client.

see 'man hosts.hfaxd'