Re: [hylafax-users] viewing and logging

Keep in mind Lee's good suggestions, but in order to view the recieved faxes
in WHFC you MUST have a Samba share configured for the /var/spool/fax/recvq
directory. The Samba rpm's were installed by default on my RedHat 6.2 server
install, but double check by doing:
    rpm -q samba
and then look at /etc/smb.conf

Look at Ulrich Eckhardt's page:
http://www.transcom.de/whfc/doku/inst_view.php
for configuration info.

Richard Lucassen had a similar share in his good advice to me:

[fax]
   comment = received faxes
   browsable = yes
   path = /var/spool/fax/recvq
   valid users = user1 user2 (if you want to restrict access)
   public = no
   read only = yes (or not)

My share reads as follows, which works great for me:

# HylaFax
[recvq]
   comment = HylaFax Receive Queue
   browsable = yes
   path = /var/spool/fax/recvq
   public = yes
   writable = no

Another easy trick that works for me is to set in smb.conf:
[global]
    security = share    # user security is much more difficult to configure

Also read the 'man smb.conf' pages. Samba is a neat tool for sharing Unix
files to Windows clients.

Hope this helps,
Clay