Re: USR Sportster support and other questions

What I do is to check the receive directory every 5 minutes via crontab
convert any fax (i.e. tif file) to ps using the tiff2ps and copy and
date/time the converted fax to a protected web page directory..that way I
can view the fax anywhere where I have an internet connection...

I also have the faxrecvd to email me the fax...i

now if I can find out why when I an trying to send a fax, I am getting a
conversion proble that does not report WHAT the problem is....<sigh>

don

> > Also, I recall there being a web interface to receive and view the
> > incoming faxes.  Is that still under development?  Where can I find
> > it?
>
>All you would have to do is set up a directory link so your web server
>could see the incoming fax directory and then modify the notification
>emails so you would get a valid http link instead of an email
>attachment. You also might have to change the permissions in the fax
>directory. And, the clients have to know to launch a fax viewer for
>whatever extension you have for fax files.
>
>People could still view the directory through an http client, as long as
>the http server built directory listings.
>
>Of course if you wanted to be really cool, you could find a fax to png
>converter, then the clients could display the faxes inline.
>
>--
>David Rouse
>Network Manager
>Goldsboro News-Argus