Elsa modem problem on SuSE 6.3

Hi,

I´m having very big problems with Elsa modems on a SuSE 6.3
system - HylaFax 4.1b2.

When I setup the system for the first time, the modem responded
and all seemed ok, but on the faxed pages were missing lines. I
used an Elsa Microlink 56k Basic (the same modem is in use on a
lot of other servers with NT and a commercial fax software and
works like a charm).

So I rechecked and found on this list a config script for Elsa
modems. When I used this script on the server, I began receiving
errors via mail that the modem doesn´t worked. And when I start
the faxaddmodem script, it gives a lot of error messages "Hm,
somethins seems to be hung, check your modem, eh?", after an
error messages that stty couldn´t be read from stdin and the
message that the modem was a class 2.0.

I´ve checked three different Elsa modems, a 56k Basic, a 56
Internet and the newest 56k Internet model, all with the same result.

I´ve tested a noname modem that has only class 1 functionality,
and it works without these errors, only it´s not able to complete
any transmission. Some pages are transmitted at 10%, some at
90%, but none complete.

What can I do next?

Thank you

Wolfgang Riedmann

-- Wolfgang Riedmann
-- Individuelle EDV-Lösungen - Soluzioni informatiche personalizzate
-- I-39012 Meran, V. Laurin-Str. 2d
-- DNet Business Partner

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions