Re: Maxtries > 12, MaxDials > 12

> I have adjusted these parameters to values less than 12 but greater than 12
> does not seem to work.  My client wants these set to 48.  Don''t ask.  I

Most countries have legal restrictions on the retry strategy for
automatic dialers; it is possible that these limits have been put there
for legal reasons, if they are  real restrictions.  I'd advise consulting
your telephone company before setting such an aggressive number of attempts.

(Fast retries can waste network resources, or overload it, as well
as exacerbating the effect of slow retries.  Large numbers of retries to
a wrong number may hit a "little old lady" and cause real fear in
a domestic subscriber that doesn't understand what is happening.)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions