hylafax + ppp with mgetty

As you can saw on that mailing list, I was searching since some days to find
how to connect to my fax with a ppp connection via mgetty...

I just found how, and it works very fine!

For those interrested, here is how (works for RedHat 6.X)

install the mgetty package
file /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttySX
GettyArgs:        "-r -b -s %s %l"

file /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache
PATHGETTY='/sbin/mgetty'
PATHEGETTY='/sbin/mgetty'

** this is PATHEGETTY that is used, not PATHGETTY, i don't know why...

file /etc/mgetty+sendfax/login.config
comment all lines except the one starting with /AutoPPP ...

file /etc/mgetty+sendfax/mgetty.config
on the section ttySX be sure to have something like:
port ttyS0
    direct y
    toggle-dtr n

that's all! note it somewhere it can be useful one day !
Frédéric Malenfant
Les Logiciels Saturne
Pont-Rouge, Québec

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions