Re: modem for hylafax

Hello ,
> i have us robotics 56k , but i have many many problem to send fax with
> this.. because always produce many error  PHASE D .. PHASE B/C ... TIME
> OUT T30 ecc ..
> hylafax don't work well ....
To be more specific: hylafax doesn't work very well together with US
Robotics modems. I don't know much about newer bioses (aren't they called 3com
now?) but the older ones were nearly unusable together with hylafax.
Some of us got them to work using them as class 1 fax modem. But
nethertheless you should try one of the modems recommended in the documentation.
I heard about Multitech modem doing great. I personally prefer elsa
microlink modems. They support multiple fax classes and work reliably.
Never had problems with them.

> are normally many problem with this software (hylafx) ?????
Please don't blame hylafax for a bad modem bios. Using a better modem will
make hylafax working like a charm.

uwe

--

Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net