Re: Questions regarding setup of SMS service w. Hylafax

Arne Hueggenberg:
>set up info files for the phone numbers of the Messagecenters (for
>using UCP and the different pagersetupcmds)

You only need that if the message center protocol is UCP, as the default
procotol is IXO. For instance info/491722278020:

&pagingProtocol:"ucp"

This is the only line you need initially. The file gets amended
automagically upon your first contact with the message center.

>what are the callnumbers of german D1/D2/eplus and are there other
>providers running callcenters?

D1: +491712092522 (talks IXO, number may have changed recently)
D2: +491722278020 (talks UCP)

You will find more information on the provider's webpages, e.g. there
are several other D2 message center numbers, depending on the protocol
variant.

>if i understand correctly the pagermap would look the following
>alias  messagecenternumber/PIN

This is how it looks here:

hmo     +491722278020/01721234567
.*      reject

>what is the PIN part of that, im assuming that its the part that
>identifies the cellphone user to whom the sms is gonna be send from the
>callcenter, but how do i determine what the PIN is for a given adressee?

See above. The PIN is just the mobile phone number. Note that this
may only consist of digits and must not include a "+" sign or other
characters, as it is literally transmitted via the IXO or UCP protocol
which do not support non-numeric PINs. (I.e. the PIN is not subject to
hylafax' usual phone number transformations.)

HTH,
Helge

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions