Re: Questions regarding setup of SMS service w. Hylafax

Arne Hueggenberg wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> im currently in the process of setting up an hylafax server for SMS
> service and would be grateful if someone could help me getting a few
> things clear.
>
> After reading the manpages and online doku i think i need to do the
> following:
> set up hylafax (have done that for a fax server a few times, so i donmt
> see big probs there, unless there are some specific things for SMS i might
> oversee the first time around)
>
> set up an etc/pagermap file for mapping aliases to phonenumbers/pins
>
> set up info files for the phone numbers of the Messagecenters (for using
> UCP and the different pagersetupcmds)
>
> What i dont know yet is:
> am i right? :-)
> what are the callnumbers of german D1/D2/eplus and are there other
> providers running callcenters?
>
> if i understand correctly the pagermap would look the following
> alias  messagecenternumber/PIN
>
> what is the PIN part of that, im assuming that its the part that
> identifies the cellphone user to whom the sms is gonna be send from the
> callcenter, but how do i determine what the PIN is for a given adressee?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Arne Hueggenberg
> Products & Development
>
> * ID-PRO GmbH
> * Tel: +49 (0)2932 - 916 - 0
> * Fax: +49 (0)2932 - 916 - 230
> * mailto:hueggenberg@ID-PRO.de
> * http://open-for-the-better.com

Hi Arne, I tried that too, you can find the requested info on the
hylafax faq list
http://www.hylafax.org

I attach my pagermap file which should work in germany with d1 and
e-plus
(d2 uses a different protocol)

hope it helps
/Matthias

--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions