strange program...

Hi, this is a desperate call for help.
I  have been running Hylafax for a while, but I have never got it to
work properly.. There has been periods when hylafax has worked and
sent like 4 - 5 faxes.. But most of the time it says "Waiting for
modem to come ready" ..
So I looked this up in archive for this mailing list and there where a
solution that I should write a new line in the inittab file..
Something with respawn etc..
So I did that and suddenly the faxstat changed to ready and idle
instead.. So, I finally thought that I had solved the problem, until I
tried to send the first fax...
Well, Hylafax does not complain anything, I can't find anyting wrong
in the log files or anything... But, nothing happens.
It does not even complain.. !
So right now, If I got a error message, I would be happy!

I am running Linux Redhat 5.0 on a p133 machine..
I have also tried to change modems, but that didn't help eather..

So, What shall I do?
( I have tried to reinstall Hylafax two times... )

Anyone! ???

// Paul

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions