Re: modem off: faxgetty sends thousands of warnings

Arne Hueggenberg wrote:

> > I start faxgetty with init-process. Can I stop and
> > restart a process started with init ?
>
> that depends
> if the process isnt tagged with respawn in /etc/inittab then it is
> possible to kill it afaik
>
> what you might do is write a simple init script to start/stop faxgetty
> and adding that to cron/execute it manually whenever you need it

Hello Arne,

thanks. But I´ve started with respawn:

     mo:23:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/ttyS1

And killing faxgetty with kill -9  revokes a new
faxgetty process. faxgetty  is invincible!

I think the best way with less extravagance is to
comment out the line in /etc/inittab.
Every time I use fax (once a week) I
comment it in again and call "telinit q".
initab is read again - and fagetty works.
After I comment in out and start telinit q
again.

bye
Ekkard

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions