modem/faxaddmodem problems

 Hello My name is John Peel and I am new to this list as I just
discovered HylaFax and though it would be a good idea to add to my
server. I am running RedHat 6.1 with Kernel 2.2.14 and HylaFax beta 4.1
beta. The dell came with a winmodem which I proceeded to replace with a
best data 56k ISA card that touts itself as Linux compatible.
I previously had no need for a modem as I have dsl with static
IP addresses. I am able to send AT commands to the newly installed modem
through minicom after much work. However after having a successful of
Hylafax and running faxsetup as per the instructions I still fail to get
faxaddmodem to communicate correctly. This is all fairly new and I am
not used to having problems adding hardware as mine are usually software
related. This may still bea software problem but I am still having a
hard time getting this whole thing to work. Any suggestions will be
quite helpful as I am currently in a bit of a bind. Thanks for your
time/bandwith, -peel

John Peel
Blue Road Productions
peel@blueroad.com