Re: Probemodem errors?

Hello,
	I'm not really understanding the importance of the stty 0 message.  Is
this the same thing as serial port ttyS0?

>Nico wrote:
> What happens with "fuser /dev/ttyS1" issued as a root user? And do
> you have another getty or something running on /dev/ttyS3, or /dev/modem
> symbolically linked to /dev/ttyS1?

	I ran fuser for /dev/ttyS1
bash-2.03# fuser /dev/ttyS1
/dev/ttyS1:           6244

	How do I find out what that is?  When I do the same for /dev/ttyS0 or
/dev/ttyS2 , I get nothing.  When I do
ps
, I don't see the PID 6244 anywhere.  Is there
subprocesses that ps does not show?  ps man page tells nothing about hidden
processes.

<snip>
> > 	I ran sh -x probemodem and attached the results to this letter
> > in case it's useful.  I clipped out the part dealing with ttyS 0 and inserted
> > down below.
>
> It looks like it's definitely the stty 0 part: Try reading the manual
> page for "stty" on your system, and see what it says about "stty 0"
	I did.  Nothing special about stty 0 or COM1.

> It's possible to comment out of your probemodem/faxaddmodem commands.
	How do I do this?  Also, I'm not following.  What's the problem with
this, since it is only one of about 40 problem messages?
<snip>

Thanks
George

--