Re: Ring detected without successful handshake

> Bingo! Class 2.0 has apparently had a lot of issues for a lot of
> people. It's unclear to me whether most manufacturers did it incorrectly,
> or if there is some subtle bug in HylaFAX, but the bugs are so varied
> that I suspect it's the manufacturers.

Ok, I'm now using the usr-xon configuration for my USR 33.6 external and
RH 6.0, and it does not receive faxes at all.  It appears like faxgetty is
being spawned:

Jan 12 09:19:54 fax FaxGetty[341]: MODEM USR Sportster 33600/Fax
V3.10/Configuration Profile... Product type           US/Canada External Options
 V32bis,V.34+ Fax Options            Class 1/Class 2.0 Line Options
Caller ID, Distinctive Ring Clock Freq             92.0Mhz Eprom
256k Ram                    64k EPROM date             8/20/96 DSP date
      8/20/96 EPROM rev              3.10 DSP rev                3.10

How can I enable further debugging to see if hfaxd is called, and possibly
what the problem might be?

Thanks again!
Dave

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions