Demand dials all the time

Greetings,

I have RH6.0 and hylafax 4.2beta"(?).  I share the modem between pppd in
demand mode and the fax.  My server has about 10 clients on the
network.  When the modem is not in use, I can send faxes.  My problem is
that as long as the hylafax daemons are running, the modem connects to
the internet and stays connected for 7.6 minutes.  Prior to hylafax the
demand pppd worked fine.  When I kill the fax daemons, the demand
dialing works fine, but I can't fax.  I have faxgetty running.

I think I must have missed something in setting this up.  Where should I
look.  I have searched the archives of  the mailing list and found
little.  I have tried tcpdump, but this sounds like a setup problem in
that I should have added something to my /etc/hosts file.  btw,
statically assigned ip addresses on the lan.

Help is appreciated.

Carl

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions