RedHat 6.1 and Hylafax Woes

Hi All,

I have seen a lot of talk about recent troubles with Hylafax and RedHat.  Well,
we have begun having a lot of the same problems BUT ONLY after applying
the RedHat 6.1 *updates* (which included a new glib (not glibc) and a new
libtiff (version 3.5.4))!!  I was running Hylafax 4.0PL2 on Redhat 5.2 without
any hitches.  Upgraded that box to Redhat 6.1, applied all patches, troubles
began.  Tried upgrading to Hylafax 4.1beta1 compiled with libtiff 3.4 - no dice.
Tried rebuilding that SRPM against the redhat 6.1 and libtiff 3.5.4 - no dice.
Added the 'PageChop: none' and faxq quit hanging.  But incoming faxes -
no dice.  I have two other redhat 6.1 boxes without ANY redhat 6.1 upgrades
and Hylafax works just fine!!  I then tried building a 4.1Beta2 on the
box with problems and no dice there either.  SOMETHING in the redhat 6.1
updates screws up something that triggers these Hylafax issues!  I have been
pulling my hair out and and about to sacrifice one of my other working
boxes by adding the redhat updates one at a time (starting with the
"obvious" one) until it breaks so I can be more specific.  Unfortunately,
this was not the week to have to deal with this but I am now forced to.

Just a heads up!

Mark

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions