Re: WHFC Losing User Info

Mike Wilhelm wrote:

> I'm using the WHFC Windows HylaFAX client version 1.0.5 to send faxes to a
> HylaFAX server running on a SuSE Linux 6.2 machine.  I've set up the user,
> phonebook, and logging options which are used every time I start up the
> WHFC client.  These values are also used if I send a fax using the OLE
> interface from a Microsoft Access database application, sending faxes
> directly without prompting by the client.
>
> I've defined a printer (Apple LaserWriter 16/600 PS) to use the WHFCport to
> send faxes using the WHFC client interactively.  The user, phonebook, and
> logging options "disappear" when the WHFC client pops up, which makes it
> impossible to send a fax.
>
> How can I get WHFC to use the settings that have been previously defined
> (and are used by the OLE interface) when I print to the WHFC printer ???
>
> The Windows machine that's having the problem is running an evaluation
> build of Windows 2000, which I assuming to be very similar to NT4 (from a
> WHFC point-of-view).  A similar setup on a Windows 98 SE machine doesn't
> have the problem and successfully sends faxes interactively and via OLE.

Hi,

where do you have the information, that Win2000 is similar to NT ?!?!?.
>From my experiences specially handling of ODBC and lowlevel drivers like
the port monitor are handled very differently in every windows
version.

Currently WHFC is only tested for Windows 95/98/NT. I don't expect that
WHFC runs correctly on Win 2000. I will test this, when a release
version
is out (and probably the first service pack is avaliable).

Regards
Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR