Re: Waiting for modem to come ready............

Hello,
	I believe that maybe my faxgetty is not set up correctly in my
/etc/inittab
	Can someone please take a look at the below snippet and see if it
looks OK.
<snip>
# getty-programs for the normal runlevels
# The "id" field  MUST be the same as the last
# characters of the device (after "tty").
1:123:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --noclear tty1
2:123:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
3:123:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
4:123:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
5:123:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
6:123:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6
<snip>
	What is with the "--noclear tty1"?  My serial port for my modem is
ttyS1.

	I found this advice pasted below in an earlier part of this thread

> # run faxgetty
> fx:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0 38400
>
> with your portname and speed.
>
> Do that, and 'telinit q' as root, to make it active, and your faxstat
> should start doing what you expect.

	I don't have a line that looks like fx:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty
ttyS0 38400
	Why not?

Thanks
George