Re:

Hi,
AFAIK the problem with stty arises if you have an old stty,
and a new kernel (don't remember the versions), cause the interface
to the serial devices changed a little, so stty has problems.
Getting the sources for stty and recompiling should fix this,
or get a newer stty for your system.
Christoph

Nasrul schrieb:

> Hi Gerry
>
> Thanks coz helping me setting up the Hylafax. Ok.
> I already used minicom to communicate with my modem and it seems fine.
> Minicom can initialized my modem at /dev/ttyS0.
> Then when i run a faxsetup and choose /dev/ttyS0, these messages came
> during the "faxsetup" try to probe my modem.
>
> Now we are going to probe the tty port to figure out the type
> of modem that is attached.  This takes a few seconds, so be patient.
> Note that if you do not have the modem cabled to the port, or the
> modem is turned off, this may hang (just go and cable up the modem
> or turn it on, or whatever).
>
> Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 OK.
> /bin/stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations
>
> This modem looks to have support for both Class 1 and 2.0;
> how should it be configured [2.0]?
>
> Hmm, this looks like a Class 2.0 modem.
> /bin/stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations
> Modem manufacturer is "U.S. Robotics 56K FAX".
> /bin/stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations
> Modem model is "OK".
>
> DTE-DCE flow control scheme [default]?
>
> Hmmm, the configured DTE-DCE communication rate () is
> different than the rate that we are using to setup the modem (38400).
>
> Are you sure you want to use  as the DTE-DCE baud rate [yes]? yes

> Then when i run the "faxstat" only this thing came out
>
> [root@linux /]# faxstat
> HylaFAX scheduler on linux.accutech.com: Running
> [root@linux /]#
>
> [root@linux /]# faxstat -v
> Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
> Connected to localhost.
> 220 linux.accutech.com server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl2) ready.
> -> USER root
> 230 User root logged in.
> -> PORT 127,0,0,1,4,73
> 200 PORT command successful.
> -> LIST status
> 150 Opening new data connection for "status".
> HylaFAX scheduler on linux.accutech.com: Running
> 226 Transfer complete.
> [root@linux /]#
>
> My questions...
> 1. /bin/stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations
> <--is this an error     message that cause hylafax cant initialize my
> modem?
> 2. How to configure my modem so that it's running and idle?
>
> For your info, I'm using Hylafax4.0pl2 running on Redhat6.1 linux box.
> My modem is USR 56k Faxmodem External
>
> p/s: I'm from Malaysia and .my is stands for Malaysia :)=

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions