No Subject

Hi Gerry

Thanks coz helping me setting up the Hylafax. Ok.
I already used minicom to communicate with my modem and it seems fine.
Minicom can initialized my modem at /dev/ttyS0.
Then when i run a faxsetup and choose /dev/ttyS0, these messages came
during the "faxsetup" try to probe my modem.

Now we are going to probe the tty port to figure out the type
of modem that is attached.  This takes a few seconds, so be patient.
Note that if you do not have the modem cabled to the port, or the
modem is turned off, this may hang (just go and cable up the modem
or turn it on, or whatever).

Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 OK.
/bin/stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations

This modem looks to have support for both Class 1 and 2.0;
how should it be configured [2.0]?

Hmm, this looks like a Class 2.0 modem.
/bin/stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations
Modem manufacturer is "U.S. Robotics 56K FAX".
/bin/stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations
Modem model is "OK".

DTE-DCE flow control scheme [default]?

Hmmm, the configured DTE-DCE communication rate () is
different than the rate that we are using to setup the modem (38400).

Are you sure you want to use  as the DTE-DCE baud rate [yes]? yes

Then when i run the "faxstat" only this thing came out

[root@linux /]# faxstat
HylaFAX scheduler on linux.accutech.com: Running
[root@linux /]#

[root@linux /]# faxstat -v
Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
Connected to localhost.
220 linux.accutech.com server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl2) ready.
-> USER root
230 User root logged in.
-> PORT 127,0,0,1,4,73
200 PORT command successful.
-> LIST status
150 Opening new data connection for "status".
HylaFAX scheduler on linux.accutech.com: Running
226 Transfer complete.
[root@linux /]#

My questions...
1. /bin/stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations
<--is this an error     message that cause hylafax cant initialize my
modem?
2. How to configure my modem so that it's running and idle?

For your info, I'm using Hylafax4.0pl2 running on Redhat6.1 linux box.
My modem is USR 56k Faxmodem External

p/s: I'm from Malaysia and .my is stands for Malaysia :)=

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions