Re: HylaFax 4.1beta2 with TIFF 3.5.33

You wrote

> I know I'm working with a beta version of HylaFax but has anyone
encountered
> problems running the configure script with TIFF 3.5.33?  I'm using GCC
> 2.95.2 (only one I had) on a Solaris 2.6 Sparc platform.  Looking at the
> config.log, it seems as if the version number is detected correctly but it
> seems to fail after the TIFF version detect.
>
> Please let me know if one of you have encountered this.

Yes, I think someone has mentioned this.  The problem is on line 2891 of the
configure script which tests the tiff library to see if it is adequate for
HylaFAX
by comparing against the response "LIBTIFF, Version 3.4".

It really wants to ensure instead that the library is *at least* version
3.4 - but a
workround would be to amend it to your specific version or, at worst, delete
the test.

There is quite a few useful additions in the 3.5.x libtiff versions,
particularly in
the tiff tools programs.  Mike Welles and others at www.libtiff.org seem to
have an active development of the library (with Sam's blessing) and I think
we
should be supporting that by including the latest versions in our own
testing
and development.

Regards,
Phil Watkinson,