Re: hylafax: ./etc/hosts

Alexander Funke wrote:

> My problems aren't solved yet. Although I could send a fax by a client
> machine now I can't. After I don't know how much attempts trying with
> other entries in the hosts-file (and hours of studying the manpage!!!) I
> always get the same error: Enter password and the access is denied.
>
> I have hylafax installed with SuSE 6.2 running the susefax-client on
> linux machines and on win-clients susefax and/or WHFC. After successful
> working on my local client, I installed the WHFC on another client -
> with the exact same entries like on my machine. In spite of that, it
> didn't work.
>
> Here is an extract of my hosts-file:
> ------------------------------------
> localhost
> 127.0.0.1
>
> # faxserver@jakob.de:501:faxserver:melanie
> export@faxserver.jakob.de:export:export
> export@192.168.10.5
>
> # angela_weidner@host30.jakob.de:502:0000:
> # manuela_bauer@host35.jakob.de:503:0000:
>
> # ^.*@.*.de$
> # .*\.jakob\.de$:
> --------------------------------------
>

> My demand: Could anyone send me an extract auf his working hosts-file or
> give me a hint about my incorrect file?
>
> Thank you for your effort.
> Help me out of my misery...
>
> Alex
Hi Alex,

the entries are evaluated as regexp, note ".". has a special meaning
here a copy of my working hosts file:
--- cut here -----
localhost
127.0.0.1
^.*@.*.\.hagos\.
.*\.hagos\.de
--- cut here ---

means anyone in the hagos-domain can send a fax via the server
make sure the file permissions are 600 and uucp owns the file
hope it helps
/Matthias

--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions