Re: Waiting for modem to come ready............

> recognition of the schedular and states that it is "waiting for the =
> modem to=20
> come ready."

The normal reason for this is failing to heed the advice to always run
faxgetty, in which case it is harmless.  Otherwise we need the log of
the attempts to initialise the modem.

>                          I am using a USRobotics(now 3Com of course) =
> Sportster=20
> 56K fax/data modem. Is there possibly some dipswitch setting that is =
> keeping me=20

This modem family has many problems and is not recommended by the
documentation.

> ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BEF30B.80C226F0

Before you do anything with Hylafax, fix your mail program.  This image
would probably result in an automatic BINCANCEL on USENET and HTML and
multipart/alaternate are off charter in most recently created news groups,
and should be considered off charter on all news groups and mailing list
which aren't about them and don't have explicit permission in the
charter.

> /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAgEASABIAAD/7QSyUGhvdG9zaG9wIDMuMAA4QklNA+kAAAAAAHgAAwAAAEgA
> SAAAAAADBgJS//f/9wMPAlsDRwUoA/wAAgAAAEgASAAAAAAC2AIoAAEAAABkAAAAAQADAwMAAAAB

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions