compiling hylafax; can't apply patches

     I am trying to compile the following:

     hylafax-v4.0pl2
     on a solaris 2.6 box
     with gcc 2.8.1 compiler

     I am trying to apply 2 patches before I start compiling it:

     gcc-2.8.x and the leap-year patch

     using GNU patch 2.5 for solaris 2.6

     and it gives out messages saying that part of it has succeeded and
     part of it has failed for both patches. I am following the
     instructions in the patch itself, (and it doesn't work at all with the
     Solaris patch program because it can't even understand what files to
     patch) - I don't know what I am doing wrong .

     I tried to compile hylafax anyway and it said:

     AtSyntax.c++: In function `void adjustYDay(struct tm &)':
     AtSyntax.c++:298: no match for `tm & % int'
     AtSyntax.c++:298: no match for `tm & % int'
     AtSyntax.c++:298: no match for `tm & % int'
     AtSyntax.c++: In function `unsigned char parseMonthAndYear(const char
     *&, const
     struct tm &, struct tm &, class fxStr &)':
     AtSyntax.c++:347: no match for `tm & % int'
     AtSyntax.c++:347: no match for `tm & % int'
     AtSyntax.c++:347: no match for `tm & % int'
     *** Error code 1
     make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `AtSyntax.o'

     - this is the function that is changed by the leap year patch so I
     guess its stuffed it up?

     Please help, this is driving me insane!

     Marina

     Please reply to Marina.Daniels@cs.tas.gov.au