RE: help! Hylafax system logging is broken!

> It does not "find" syslog. Syslog runs as a daemon started at boot
> time, and handles certain types of error messages automatically as
> described in the syslogd and syslog.conf manual page. What it probably
> can't find is the *include* files associated with syslog, usually
> /usr/include/syslog.h on some other operating systems.

OK, that is a reasonable assumption. However, those include files do in =
fact exist. Now the question is: why can't Hylafax find them? It does not =
complain at compile time about not finding them and they are where they =
are supposed to be. Is there someplace in some configuration file where I =
am supposed to tell it where the stuff is?

> Syslog may simply not be installed on your Linux box: it's part of
> the "sysklogd" package, available at an RPM site near you.

Syslog is definitely installed. I get all kinds of messages. In fact, I =
*used* to get Hylafax messages, but after recompiling it in order to put =
the spool directory on another partition I no longer get Hylafax =
messages.

Any more ideas?

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions