Problem with textfmt

We have a fairly annoying problem running hylaFAX v4.0p2 on our Linux
2.2.9 box, with a series of Netcomm Roadster II modems connected to the
ttyE[0-4] interfaces.

%sendfax -d 99999999 -n /etc/hosts

always but always bombs with "Error coverting data .. Courier-Bold"

Yes I know about the problems with the ghostscript and .afm files, but
the steps I've taken have been gleaned from the mailinglist archives,
without much luck.

In short, I've done all of the following, to no avail :

- Tried both the binary and source distributions.
- Made a new directory, copied the *.afm files to it, renamed the .afm
files, then set AFM in /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache to point at the
new directory.
- Ran the perl script to automate the renaming of the *.afm files in
/usr/lib/ghostscript/fonts directory.
- Tried the 4.3 and 5.0 (or thereabouts) versions of gs.
- Downloaded and installed Robert Coloquon's patch.
- Checked the perms of the files and directories.

One caveat I have managed to find is an output of strace -

% strace -o z /usr/local/sbin/textfmt </etc/hosts

Instead of reporting opening "Courier-Bold", strace says textfmt opens
Courier.afm (which is in the /usr/lib/ghostscript/fonts directory that
setup.cache AFM_DIR is pointing to...)

Any help gratefully appreciated.

DA

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions