Setup (faxaddmodem) question

Hello,

Setup: hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5 (rpm) on Linux (RH 5.1)

I am trying to setup hylafax to use a new inhouse equipment. I have found
a problem with the 'faxaddmodem' script but I cannot exactly decide
whether it's the script or the modem which is wrong. basically, when
faxaddmodem tries to decide which class the modem is, it issues the
command "AT+FCLASS=?", to which the equipment answers the following:

+FCLASS:0,1,2

whereas an ordinary modem will usually answer "(0,1,2.0)" or "0,1,1.0"
etc... (without the leading +FCLASS:). And faxaddmodem chokes on this, it
cannot decide which class the equipment provides. I wonder if anybody
knew the spec (IS 101 I think) enough to tell me if the answered string is
correct or we should answer "0,1,2" as any other modem I've tried.

I know I could  modifiy faxaddmodem with a few sed commands to comply with
this answer but I am really curious to know what the exact answer should
be in that case.

Thanks in advance.

--
Fabrice.
          _           Fabrice Gamberini -  Software Integration.
 `-----------------'  mailto: gamberin@art.alcatel.fr