Re: Direct Inward Dial

We emulate DID trunks at work with a Siemens (Rolm) PBX (Software rev
9006.2). What we have is a T1 which supports 300 DNIS (DID) numbers
(extensions). Basically, I assign one or more of these DNIS numbers as a
published FAX number supported by an analog station card (SLMA). The PBX
programming to do this is a 4 step process. By performing these 4 programming
steps, the PBX will outpulse the DTMF tones associated with the dialed DNIS
number. From there, the attached modem on this analog card port would pass
along these digits to the fax software, which would then be responsible for
routing the fax call to the proper destination. I know this software routing
works with Brooktrout modems with Rightfax/Omtool w/MS NT4.0, but I don't
know which hylaFAX supported modems can pass along these DTMF digits and
whether there's destination routing within hylaFAX to control the fax
delivery destination based on the received/passed along DTMF digits.

I would be *VERY* interested to know if there are modems for hylaFAX which
would do this (external modems preferred) and if the hylaFAX software had
this routing capability as well.
Thanks.
ken abrahamsen
In a message dated 7/19/99 7:06:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jra@baylink.com