Re: Direct Inward Dial

> Perhaps I misunderstood him, David, but I gathered he was wondering
> whether it was possible to use HylaFax with hardware that terminates a
> DID-style telco trunk, picking off the inpulsing to determine where to
> route the incoming fax.

His follow up says that he is going through a PABX, not directly terminating
the trunk.  If anything can be done here, other than a modem per number,
it is either going to involve treating the fax interface as a remote PABX
over a tie line, or something rather PABX specific, e.g. CTI outputs or
feature phone interfaces.  I think he needs to find out a lot more about
his PABX.  I suppose it might be possible to use a PABXes voice mail
logic, but he's still going to need hardware that probably doesn't exist
or doesn't look like a fax modem.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions