Re: RTN problem

  y> Hi,

  y> I am using the HylaFAX v4.0pl2 RPM version on RedHat5.2 with the following
  y> modems ZyXEL 336U Class2.0, Apache Class1, Boca Class1.  The RTN problem
  y> occurs with all modems at random.

  +> > I believe v4.0pl2 already included all the required patches.

  +> 4.0pl2 (which is the definitive source version) does not have all the
  +> relevant patches.  Some RPMs probably do, but will have a different
  +> version number.

Clarification. The hylafax-v4.0pl2.tar.gz source distribution, from which the
RPM you have was built, did contain a bug in the tagline generation which led
to some machines complaining about the data quality. This led to an increased
frequency of RTN result codes and a higher failure rate. HOWEVER, the 4.0pl2
RPM contained patches for some of the worst problems of this distribution, and
the tagline error was one of them. So you can ignore this problem in your
case, your RTNs are being caused by something else.

  y> Do you know of an RPM with patches which solve the problem ?

The one you have does. It does not fix your modem though . . . ZyXELs are
notorious for having a high rate of RTNs. Sometimes a firmware upgrade will
help - there is a lot of info about this on the http://www.hylafax.org mailing
list archives.

Good luck!

-Darren