Re: Sorting receive - list in WHFC

Hello Uli, hello List,

>> is there anybody who has already managed to sort the WHFC list of
>> received
>> faxes by their receive date and time?
>>
>> How can this be done? For example: What do I have to do to have the
>> newest
>> fax on top of the list?
>>
>> What are the entries generally sorted by, I can't figure out any logical
>> order...?

> Hi,

> changing the sort order of the Faxes is currently not possible
> in WHFC.

I just experimented a bit - I modified the /usr/lib/fax/hfaxd.conf.
There's a string describing the Receive Format List. When you replace this
string by a thing like:

RcvFmt:         "%7t %4p%1z %22.22s %5b %f %e"

meaning that the time argument is in the first place. Then the facsimiles
appear sorted. Not exactly chronological, but at least the received faxes
from the current day appear on top.
You can sort them exatly chronological when you put the %f (meaning the
filename) to the first position, but then the newest fax is at the end of
the list and you get problems viewing the file with WHFC for WHFC does not
extraxt the filename correctly - in this case.

Perhaps can you tell me which command is used internally by WHFC to retrieve
the Receive-List from the server. Eventually a "sort" command could be
integrated there to specify which criteria the list is sorted by.

Greetings and thanks for your work

Dominik Roettsches
e-mail: D.Roettsches@bigfoot.com
see also: http://privat.schlund.de/dr/