Re: modem not seen ...

         \\|//
         (. .)
+----oOOo-(_)-oOOo----+
|    Linux Rules!!    |
+---------------------+

"Computers are like air conditioners - they stop working properly when
you open Windows"

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Andrew CROKE wrote:

> Have you got this working yet?
Nop :-(

> Check that the run level that you end up in (4?) is specified in the
> faxgetty line in inittab.

the fax getty is both for runlevels 3 and 5 (the only one I use)
and most of all I can see the faxgetty process on the ps list...

I was hoping somebody with a class 2 modem and redhat would give me his
confi files so I can start trying from there....

bye
gianluca

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions