Trouble with HylaFax 4.0pl2

I'm running HylaFax 4.0pl2 on my machine using Suse 5.3 (kernel 2.0.35).
When I run faxsetup, the fax setup tool says that it doesn't recognize my
modem.  I have a USR 56K faxmodem model #5687. I am able to connect via
PPP with the modem using minicom and kermit (thus I know there's is
software that can talk to the modem), however I cannot generate a config
file for the modem using faxsetup.

Does anyone have a config file for this model of faxmodem? I've tried
everything I know. Is there anyone who has the same type of modem and has
got hyla to work? If so, please send info on how you got it to
work, Thanks.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions