Re: modem not seen ...

         \\|//
         (. .)
+----oOOo-(_)-oOOo----+
|    Linux Rules!!    |
+---------------------+

"Computers are like air conditioners - they stop working properly when
you open Windows"

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Keith Gray wrote:

> Gianluca Granero wrote:
> >
> > I tried many modems on different pc and different rpms always same
> > result...
> > when I do faxstat
> > no line regarding modem...
> > I carefully read nico's notes about redhat and hylafax...
> >
> > it's driving me nuts...
> > I've quite a few customers with already installed linux servers and faxing
> > with hylafax seems a great office solution
> >
> > gianluca
>
> I know it can be frustrating when you are SO close... look for something
> simple, like
>
>   Have you run "faxmodem" or set up "faxgetty" in your /etc/inittab ?
tried both ways
faxmodem gives no answer ..
and later I tried to put the faxgetty in intitab (and did not forget to do
a kill -1 1)

>   Have you looked at ps to see if hfaxd is running?
yap!! it's running... and tried to put it under inetd (It was the original
idea beacuse I wanted to use both old and new protocol)
If I shut it off I get connection refused ...
I usally get a right answer like "deamon running on etcetc"
but nothing about the modem....

>   Are you using the "ttySx" naming for file locking etc. or "cuax"?

ttySx  got rid of cua time ago... and I believe they are not allowed
anymore with kernel 2.2.x (not sure though)

> Let me know...
>

> Keith

gianluca

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions