Re: modem not seen ...

At 13:28 10/07/99 +0200, Gianluca Granero <granero@palatino.it> wrote:

>I found this on logs ... (finally found something)
>when I turn hylafax on
>

>Jul 10 13:18:50 omer FaxQueuer[3222]: Missing ':' separator in modem class
>specification
>Jul 10 13:18:50 omer FaxQueuer[3222]: HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.1beta1

The ModemClass parameter does not define whether the modem is class 1, 2,
or whatever, but to define a name for a set of modems.

(I note that in the CVS logs that the name of this parameter is being changed
to 'ModemGroup' which will eliminate this frequent confusion ).

If you have only one modem, or not interested in this advanced feature, then
leave the ModemClass parameter out of the modem config ( eg config.ttyS1 )
file.

Ciao,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.