Re: recommended modems for use with Hylafax

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 10:48:24AM -0500, Dave Parker wrote:
> IS the MultiTech MT1932ZDX still available?  I've had good luck with
> it, and 56k (V90/KFLEX/X2 or whatever) is a waste if you're only using
> it for a modem.  Also, I was under the impression that the MT5634ZDX
> only did Class 1 fax, whereas the MT1932ZDX does Class 2.

[ back to the list; it seemed pertinent ]

It might be.  The _newest_ 5634's are reputed to do Class 2; I'd have
to check on the one I installed to see if it was configured that way,
but I'm pretty sure I remember being able to choose it.  I know the
early ones didn't.

Supply and demand being what they are, it might well be just as cheap
to buy the fast one, new, at least...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions