Re: Fax Board with

On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 01:56:24PM +0200, FaxExpert wrote:
> We are looking for someone have good experience about
> hylafax under linux and special fax board as Brooktrot technologie
> or Natural Micro System to build FaxServer   under ISDN ?

<sigh>

Please, folks; _read_ the traffic before posting.  I'm getting as
exasperated as David sometimes does...

_Maybe_ 1 ISDN board has the modem emulation necessary to do faxing, in
addition to the USR Courier I-Modem.  There is not any other current
support for ISDN, nor, TTBOMK, for any fax board that does not emulate
a modem in _hardware_ (it has to look like a serial port with a modem
with a (preferably AT) command set).  The Brooktrout, Dialogic, Gamma,
and NMS boards (except possibly the very low end stuff) do not fit this
description -- so far as _I'm_ aware, anyway.  (Was that good enough,
Darren? :-)

If you really need multiport modem supprt, look at the Chase and
COmtrol 4 and 6 port boards.  Do make sure you see Class 2 support
though, you _really_ do not want to be involved in dealing with
multiple class 1 modems...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions