Re: are 3Com/USR 56K's just plain hopeless ?

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Chad A. Adlawan wrote:

> Hello Everyone !
>   I am very new to this list, brought here only by the troubles my
> 3Com/USR 56K Faxmodem.  I'm using Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 and I installed
> hylafax using those w/c have been packaged by the Debian maintainers.
>   Ive been reading archives from the LIST re USR modems, the most recent
> of which appears to be the "consultant wanted for install".  Seems like
> Im not alone in this USR battle afterall.
>=20
>   Can someone please tell me whether my 3Com/USR 56K Faxmodem really is
> hopeless for use on hylafax ?  Because none of the modems recommended by
> hylafax seems to be available from where i come (philippines, southeast
> asia).
>   If there is anyone here who has managed to get the 56K USR's working
> with hylafax, could you please help me how to make this thing work OR,
> maybe send me a copy of their modem's config.ttySx file ?
>=20
> Thanks In Advance,
> Chad A. Adlawan
>=20

Hello, since I installed hylafax  (4.0 pl12 I think) over
a RedHat 5.1 Linux, I have had no problem to send faxes
with a USR Sporster Flash which was installed with the
standard "faxaddmodem" command.=20

The only problem I encountered was to send A4-sized
(instead of the default legal ...) to local fax-machines, but that's
an entirely different stuff I think.

I could send my config file if that helps you.

regards/

--
Fabrice Gamberini. Alcatel.  =20
----