client access ?

Hi All,

I am just wondering whether I have lost the plot or am I just doing
something wrong ?

What I am trying to do is use the ftp hyperlinks that are sent in the
mail notification after receiving a fax to view/download the tif
file.
What I get is as follows;

Squid sent the following FTP command:
RETR fax00021.tif
and then received this reply
fax00021.tif: Operation not permitted.

This is from a windows machine using IE4, the same result is achived
when using the 'server' and ftp ing localhost 4559.
Is this not an intended feature ??

I have poked around with the /etc/hosts file as suggested in the FAQ
and the hfaxd man page. Either I am misreading something or it is not
designed for this purpose.

Can anyone shed any light on this one please ?

Oh, if I ftp localhost 4559, I am able to move around in the chroot
directory structure and 'ls' the directories, so I am gaining access
to the area, I just can't download the files.
Also, I am running HylaFax (the latest rpm format installation) on a
RedHat 5.2 Linux X86 machine.

Regards,
Brad.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions