Re: Newbie: Modem not ready

Tobias Schaefer wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I've tried to install Hylafax 4.0 under SuSE 6.0. If I start SuSEFax as
> client I get the message:
>=20
> HylaFAX scheduler on lits.schaefer: Running Modem ttyS0 (+49.xxxx.xxxx)=
:
> Waiting for modem to come ready
>=20
> This message doesn=B4t disappear and no faxes are sent. The faxmaster
> keeps getting mails the following mail:
>=20
> Subject: modem on /dev/ttyS0 appears wedged
> The HylaFAX software thinks that there is a problem with the modem on
> device /dev/ttyS0 that needs attention; repeated attempts to initialize
> the modem have failed.
> Consult the server trace logs for more information on what is happening.
>=20
> Which server trace logs should I look at. The directort log ist empty.
> What problems could be responsible for this error?

Hi,

can you access the modem ? Test it for exaple via minicom.
You can find the complete HylaFAX documentation on
http://www.hylafax.org.
Have here a look in the troubleshooting section. This describes,
how to increase the logging level.

Also have a look on the mailing list archive, as i remember there
where some threads about this topic some time ago.=20

Uli
--=20
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR=20
http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli  http://www.transcom.de