Re: Problems starting up the flexfax daemons

On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 08:56:38AM -0800, Andrew DePaula wrote:
>    I'm at the very beginning of the whole process with hylafax. I've
> sucessfully compiled and installed all the necessary software. From
> reading the enclosed html documentation, it is my understanding that
> one of the last steps before having a working system, is running the
> faxsetup script. Among other things, this should start the necessary
> core hylafax daemons on the system, and make sure they get started
> again when and if a reboot occurs. Well, unless I'm understanding the
> documentation wrong, this is not happening. Am I required to manually
> start the proper daemons (hfaxd, etc..)? If I am could someone give me
> a bit more concise descrption of which daemons to run, and what options
> to call them with. (I read the man page and was somewhat confused at
> all the options)

First, a reminder; please try to get your mail package to wrap lins at
72 characters.

Now, on point: what it's supposed to do is set up a file somewhere in
your inittab/rc chain that will re-launch the daemons on boot.  How
this is done is fairly distribution specific; the RPM does this
correctly for RedHet, IIRC.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions