Unix works but can't send from whfc -- any advise?

Hi everybody,
   I am running Hylafax (hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5 rpm) on a server and can
successfully use sendfax to send faxes.  Also, I can log onto another
Linux platform and also use sendfax normally.
   I'd like to grant permission to our entire subdomain to send faxes, so
I added this to /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts which seems to have worked for
the Linux platform:

	^.*@.*.\.acd\.ucar\.edu

   However, whfc installed on a Windows98 machine doesn't do anything.
I try to print something, fill in the fax number, move the slider to
"send fax job at now".
In the status monitor and in "faxstat" I get:

	Modem ttyS0 (+1.xxx.xxx.xxxx): Waiting for modem to come ready

This never changes.  In the syslog, I get "FaxQueuer[19578]: SUBMIT JOB 25"
and in /var/spool/fax/sendq I get a short file called q25 and in
/var/spool/fax/docq I get a "doc29.ps.25" file which looks fairly normal
with "%!PS-Adobe-3.0" at the beginning and %%EOF followed by a ^D at the
end.

I turned debug on to a high level and aside from the
"FaxQueuer[19578]: SUBMIT JOB 25" message, nothing appears in the syslog.

Thanks in advance.

--Tim Fredrick (fredrick@acd.ucar.edu)
  NCAR/ACD Computer Systems Administration

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions