Which modem works best with HylaFAX?

For some time now, I'm trying to configure HylaFAX to work with an US
Robotics 56K Voice Faxmodem. I've tried different configurations, but non
of them seem to work well. Also, in the mailing-list and on the Net, I've read
that US Robotics modems aren't the best modems to use with HylaFAX.

Is this true, and is that the reason why I can't get HylaFAX working with my
modem?

If it is true, what is the best modem to use with HylaFAX, so I can
purchase a new one.

If it isn't true, who has got HylaFAX working with my modem and what
configuration should I use.

My system configuration:
Intel-based Linux 2.0.34
HylaFAX 4.0pl2