RE: fax viewer

On 13 Mar, E. Alex Bungener wrote:
> Thanks for the comments, but my business runs on my linux box and I
> don't have the time or hardly the mental energy to start learning all
> the idiosyncrasies of Linux and how to manipulate it. This a business
> related fax that is important that I view it. I quick command to bring
> up another viewer or two is what I am looking for.

The problem is that we don't know what you have installed or not.

If I say "viewfax" (you can get it from
ftp.hylafax.org/pub/hylafax/contrib) to you, do you know what do to do
with it?

I would suggest contacting SUSE and seeing if they have any additional
viewers and their suggestions for your setup.  Most of us are not using
SUSE, many not even linux, and have no idea what you really need.

But, here's a list of suggestions:

- viewfax - it's handled every fax I've recieved so far
	ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/pub/hylafax/contrib/viewfax

- XV included on most systems can view the TIFF files.  It only shows
	the first page - you can use tiffsplit (comes with libtiff) to
	split the multipage TIFF into single pages.

Both these programs work on tiff files, not through the HylaFAX
protocol.  You'll have to have a copy of the tif file to use them.

Hope these help.

a.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions