RetrainNegative problem - not in FAQ

Hello,

i'm using HylaFAX Version 4.0pl1
and a "ROCKWELL AC/V34/V1.200-V34_DS" modem (as reported by FaxGetty)
on port ttyS0. I've also tried a CREATIX SPEEDSTER, which had the same
problem.

One client, i regularly send faxes to, reports a RetrainNegative,
after transmission, BUT _every_ page got sucessfully transmitted
and is perfectly legibly on the other side.
HylaFAX gives up after 3 tries - i have already set MaxDials to 1,
because each page had been delivered 9 times, until HylaFAX would
give up - Well, it still sends each page 3 times, although i
set MaxTries to 1 as well in the HylaFAX etc/config - where MaxDials
is too - I also tried setting these values in etc/config.ttyS0.
But they have no effect whatsoever - well, thats what the man
page tells me too ;) -

I don't know where to look anymore. I'd even be happy, if i could make
HylaFAX ignore the RetrainNegative.

Thanx in advance,
Lukas Schröder

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions